Physical Biology of the Cell Phillips Kondev Theriot Garcia 2nd Edition
Physical Biology of the Cell is a textbook for a first course in physical biology or biophysics for undergraduate or graduate students. It maps the huge and complex landscape of cell and molecular biology from the distinct perspective of physical biology. As a key organizing principle, the proximity of topics is based on the physical concepts that unite a given set of biological phenomena. Herein lies the central premise: that the appropriate application of a few fundamental physical models can serve as the foundation of whole bodies of quantitative biological intuition, useful across a wide range of biological problems. The Second Edition features full-color illustrations throughout, two new chapters, a significantly expanded set of end-of-chapter problems, and is available in a variety of e-book formats.
About the Author
Rob Phillips is the Fred and Nancy Morris Professor of Biophysics and Biology at the California Institute of Technology. He received a PhD in Physics from Washington University in St. Louis.
Jane Kondev is a Professor of Physics in the Graduate Program in Quantitative Biology at Brandeis University. He received his Physics BS degree from the University of Belgrade, and his PhD from Cornell University.
Julie Theriot is a Professor of Biochemistry and of Microbiology and Immunology at the Stanford University School of Medicine. She received concurrent BS degrees in Physics and Biology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a PhD in Cell Biology from the University of California at San Francisco.
Hernan G. Garcia is an Associate Research Fellow at Princeton University. He received a BS in Physics from the University of Buenos Aires and a PhD in Physics from the California Institute of Technology.
Paperback: 1057 pages
Publisher: Garland Science; 2 edition (October 29, 2012)
Product Dimensions: 2 x 10 x 11 inches
- Microbiology A Systems Approach Marjorie Kelly Cowan 4th Edition
- Connect Plus Anatomy and Physiology Access Card for Hole's Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology Shier 12th Edition
- Human Anatomy & Physiology with NEW MasteringA&P with Pearson eText Marieb 9th Edition
- Anatomy Physiology The Unity of Form and Function 6th edition
- Microeconomics David Colander 9th Edition
- Laboratory Manual for Anatomy and Physiology Allen 4th Edition
- Diversity in Families Zinn Eitzen Wells 10th Edition
- Anatomy & Physiology Kevin T. Patton 8th Edition
- Transportation A Supply Chain Perspective Coyle Novak Gibson Bardi 8th Edition
- Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology Shier 12th Edition
Posted in Physics
Tags: Phillips Kondev Theriot Garcia Physical Biology of the Cell 2e, Phillips Kondev Theriot Garcia Physical Biology of the Cell 2nd Edition, Phillips Physical Biology of the Cell 2e, Phillips Physical Biology of the Cell 2nd Edition, Physical Biology of the Cell 2e Phillips, Physical Biology of the Cell 2e Phillips Kondev Theriot Garcia, Physical Biology of the Cell 2nd Edition Phillips, Physical Biology of the Cell 2nd Edition Phillips Kondev Theriot Garcia, Physical Biology of the Cell Phillips 2e, Physical Biology of the Cell Phillips 2nd Edition, Physical Biology of the Cell Phillips Kondev Theriot Garcia 2e, Physical Biology of the Cell Phillips Kondev Theriot Garcia 2nd Edition